While starting off quite rocky, the partnership between Ye and the GAP has continually expanded as time passed, adding new items thanks to the Yeezy GAP Engineered by Balenciaga. This three-way partnership introduced us to the first accessories in the collection, so far releasing a key chain and a duo of hats, though we have been teased with sunglasses in the past courtesy of @designedbydonda on Instagram. Well, it looks like the leaks were true as Ye, his associates, and an array of influencers have taken to the gram to showcase the upcoming Yeezy GAP YR 3022 SHDZ.
It’s pretty obvious where the inspiration comes from as the shades appear almost like snow goggles thanks to the bungee cord band and large coverings. Foam padding appears around the bridge to allow a snug and comfortable fit once worn. Like most items designed by Ye, the minimalist look forgoes large logos, even frames, as the only hit of branding comes on the adjustable band.
Some celebrities spotted in the eyewear include Steve Lacy, the Clermont Twins, and newly signed Donda Sports alum Jaylen Brown. Even with their rocky relationship as of late, Kim Kardashian has been spotted rocking a pair of these shades from the future, even dressing their kids Saint and North in the eyewear. One shocker came when Ye was spotted with Lil Uzi Very in a set of photos promoting the glasses, coming as a surprise since Uzi has taken some slight shots at Ye on Twitter in the past calling him a “fake pastor.”
All of this celebrity Instagram takeover seemingly is a callback to the Yeezy Season 6 promotion which was done through seeding clothing to various influencers on the platform and having them recreate iconic paparazzi photo’s that were taken of Kim wearing the same pieces.
It’s definitely not a look everyone can pull off, and as such, has drawn some criticism online due to the flimsy-looking construction and the up-in-the-air retail price that many assume will be inflated. As of now, the Yeezy GAP YR 3022 SHDZ doesn’t have a set release date but with all the fanfare as of late, a release should be going down before the year’s end. Yeezy GAP’s online storefront will carry the set of shades with select stockists possibly releasing them as well. Turn on notifications for all our social media channels listed below so you can stay up to date on the latest Yeezy news, regarding both Yeezy GAP and adidas Yeezy releases.
- A Detailed Look: Yeezy 350 V2 Space Ash Due In 2023Once slated for a January release, we have the best look yet at the Yeezy 350 V2 Space Ash. Coming […]
- More Unreleased Yeezys SurfaceWell, there has been a considerable slowdown of early Yeezy pairs lately as the divorce of the two brands goes […]
- New 500 colorway emergesThis Yeezy 500, while being multi-colored, it is far from some of the louder colors like Sumac or Enflame. They […]
- Adidas Staying True to Their Word, Will Drop Non-Yeezy Branded Colorways 2023As 2022 comes to a close, it looks like adidas is doubling down on releasing Yeezy’s without the Yeezy branding. […]
- Ye And Kim Kardashian Finalize DivorceThe divorce between Ye and Kim Kardashian is now final. Ye and Kim split up in February 2021 when she […]