When the 450 was first leaked by Ye on Twitter YEEZY community went crazy over this possible new silhouette that had “fangs” for the midsole. As time went on we were able to see some of the changes in the design through the iconic “Forbes video”, which featured a number of prototypes. Yeezy was getting closer to the final version of this model, which had been teased for a few years. Finally, Ye wore them to Paris fashion week and the community erupted, as they were the most talked about thing from the event. Yeezy & adidas did a great job at keeping the initial release quiet, as we didn’t get news about YZY 450 Cloud White launch until a week before the drop.
Now 6 colorways later the model has gained kinda a cult following, as it’s not for everyone. The Stone Flax is the newest colorway for the 450 model. This Yeezy model is the first to be made in Germany and features a unique design element pushing YZY’s signature design to new heights. Using incomparable technology and state of the art automated manufacturing during production. The one piece upper coming in a mix of tan and grey, made from adidas’ primeknit, wraps the foot in a sock-like build providing a flexible fit with exceptional comfort.
The upper is mated to a soft injected polyurethane midsole offering responsiveness along with cushioning. The 450’s midsole features tapered appendages extending up at the heel and midfoot in an exoskeleton like cage that cradles the one piece knitted upper, offering stability, and delivering a one of a kind aesthetic. A tonal rubber outsole completes the sneaker matching the midsole and features wavy lines throughout for traction. Other details include tan rope laces, Ortholite insole, and sock like cuff around the ankle.
The 450 Stone Flax arrives in a tan and grey color scheme and is made with a series of recycled materials up to 50%. This is part of adidas’ push to getting closer to eliminating plastic waste.
UPDATE 9/30/22: Look for these to launch globally this October 21 at for $210 retail. They will drop on adidas Confirmed, Yeezy Supply, and select retailers near you. We are hearing rumors of these being a full family drop, but not yet confirmed as of this writing. Keep it locked to all our socia medias, to stay up to date to any release changes. As we will update posts and articles accordingly, if anything new develops.
YZY 450 STONE FLAX
RELEASE: OCTOBER 21st
STYLE CODE: ID1623
- YEEZY 700 MNVN LACELESS ANALOG TO KICK OFF OCTOBERReleases are coming back full force finally, with recent restocks of the 350 V2 to closing out September. October is […]
- WHERE TO BUY: YEEZY 350 V2 BONE, EUROPE RESTOCKWell YEEZY, has thrown us yet another curve ball with the Flax 350 V2 launch in Asia Pacific and US, […]
- WHERE TO BUY YZY 350 V2 FLAX RAFFLE AND ONLINE DROP LISTWell it looks like we are finally getting a Yeezy release to close out September. What was originally suppose to […]
- YZY BONE SLIDES GET US DROP SOONWith releases finally starting back up again, it means we can start announcing more drops, hopefully without delays. With the […]
- YZY 450 STONE TEAL REVEALEDThe YZY 450 adds to the iconic ventures pushing YZY’s signature design language to new heights. The first YZY model […]