Around 9pm last night on January 10th Ye dropped the video for HEAVEN and HELL. As always in his videos, the visuals didn’t disappoint. It starts out with a handful of people on screen in all black with hoodies over their head and a thin mask covering everyone’s face. Then you notice as the song goes on everyone in almost every scene is dressed in the same attire.
Of course if your watching the vid you’re obviously a fan of Ye, so it’s not hard to notice that the hoodies are the recent YEEZY GAP that dropped a few months back. That’s including the scenes where it’s a sea of people floating on an “assembly line” throughout the sky. Then it cuts to Ye rapping but you can’t see his face as he brought back a mask of his own. Which looks to be made of a thicker material with what appears to be a 3M stripe going down the middle. If I had to guess it’s likely engineered by BALENCIAGA as the cutouts for the eyes are similar to the masks Ye dropped during the listening parties.
Now to the Marketing Genius part. The song is coming to the end and all of a sudden the YZY GAP logo pops up for the last couple seconds. At first you feel it’s kinda out of place for a song called HEAVEN and HELL , but you chalk it up to everyone wearing the hoodie in the video. Not too long after the video drops, YZYGAP goes live for a shock drop pre order of the Black and Blue hoodies. This is something that no one was expecting. Soon after the word got out, social media went crazy with the community trying to make sure everyone that missed out on the first round got a chance to cop this time.
What a perfect way to drop merchandise. We got a dope video to a dope song, and I’m sure there was more than a few people thinking during the video. I hate I missed out when the hoodies dropped. Then one shock drop later and you get your second chance. Stuff like this is why Ye is the marketing GOAT.
Let us know on our social medias what you thought of the video. Were you able to cop on the shock drop? Make sure to keep it locked here to be notified first every time we post about any upcoming Yeezy Launches and news, we post here before Instagram.
YZY GAP HOODIE SHOCK DROP
RELEASE: JANUARY 10th
COLORS: BLACK/ BLUE
RETAIL: ADULTS $80 KIDS $60
Images via Ye from his HEAVEN and HELL video
- Salehe Bembury x New Balance 990v2 “Sand Be The Time” Releases DecemberNew Balance has been on a roll lately with all their recent collabs. Their upcoming Salehe Bembury 990 2 “Sand Be The Time” will be no different. This is the first time Bembury has worked on the 990 models which are decked out in earthy coral tones. The upper features […]
- Jordan 1 “Lucky Green” Set For Spring ReleaseThe year 2023 is already looking like a huge year of releases for the Jordan brand. Here’s a look at the upcoming Joran 1 “Lucky Green” Jordan Brand is bringing back the iconic black toe color blocking this time paired with green overlays at the heel and ankle flaps. The […]
- YE24 Merch Has Already Hit Resale Sites On Secondary MarketOn December 2nd Johan Galaxy posted on Instagram that a flyer would drop soon with an address for a 1 day only in-store pop-up for the release of Ye’s repurposed YE24 merch. Since Art Basel has been going on Ye decided to take everything to Miami and have a surprise […]
- Up There Store x New Balance 2002R “Backyard Legends II” Releasing In DecemberNew Balance is back with another collaboration, this time with the Australian boutique Up There Store. Following up their original NB 200R “Backyard Legends” release in July centered around an Aussie backyard barbecue. Here’s the rundown on the newest iteration. The upper features maroon overlays in both suede and mesh […]
- First Look: Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse x Air Jordan 1The details of a special Air Jordan 1 release connected to the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel are in the works. Here’s the rundown below. When Spider-Man: “Into the Spider-Verse” debuted in 2018, it became an instant blockbuster, earning absurd box office results and receiving its own Air Jordan 1. […]
- Official Images of Virgil Abloh’s Made From Scratch Off-White X Nike Air Terra FormaOfficial images have finally been revealed for Virgil Abloh’s original design and his first from-scratch collaboration with Nike of his Off-White x Nike Air Terra Forma. A first look was leaked a couple of weeks again in a “white” colorway and we now have confirmation there is also a “wheat” […]
- The Air Jordan 3 “Reimagined White Cement” Launching in 20232023 will be the 35th anniversary of the Air Jordan 3. To kick the year off Jordan brand is bringing back one of the models most iconic colorways, the Air Jordan 3 “White Cement” is releasing in a “reimagined” version. Similar to the “Lost and Found” Air Jordan 1 Chicago […]
- Official Images: Air Jordan 7 “Black Olive”Jordan Brand likes to commentates OG models, usually when they hit another 5 year anniversary. They take that whole year and focus on that particular model by releasing in both original colorways as well as some fresh ones. This year is the year of the Air Jordan 7 and while […]
- Ye And Kim Kardashian Finalize DivorceThe divorce between Ye and Kim Kardashian is now final. Ye and Kim split up in February 2021 when she originally submitted a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. She then asked a judge to legally terminate her marital status in December 2021 so that they could formally dissolve her marriage […]
- First Look: New YZY 700 V4 Sample In BlackEver since the Yeezy/adidas split people have wondered what would be next for adidas as far as releases, since they clearly are planning to release more Yeezy designs. Well we still don’t have any news on what’s next for them, but here is some info on a Yeezy model that […]
- First Look At The Jarritos x Nike SB Dunk LowWith the resurgence of the Nike Dunk over that last few years it’s no surprise that Nike has prioritized the Dunk silhouette in 2022. We have seen a ton of old colorways make a comeback as well as collaborations. It looks like Nike is continuing to capitalize on this trend […]
- Official Images: Air Jordan 2 ‘Chicago’ Launching DecemberOver the years, the Air Jordan 2 has largely been forgotten, but there has been a comeback as of late. Collaborations have been very popular in the sneaker industry, and Jordan Brand has used them arguably more effectively than most. This has been their plan of attack for generating interest […]
- Ye Announces Plans To Run For President 2024 And Making Apparel For $20In a video caught by x17online recently, after giving the cameraman a coat that had just been made, Ye invited him in his design studio where he actually got on to the cameraman for calling him Kanye, but then said in a joking manner it’ll take time for us to […]
- “We The Best” Air Jordan 5 Sail & Crimson Bliss Drops Next WeekIf the DJ Khaled ‘Crimson Bliss’ wasn’t enough official images of the Sail colorway have recently released. Khaled has collaborated with Jordan Brand in the past but his sneaker were never made available to the public. Which meant if you wanted a pair you had to know him personally or […]
- Run The Jewels x Nike SB Dunk in a High & Low Coming In 2023Run the Jewels and Nike Sb have teamed up on two Dunk Colorways in a High and Low. The low includes pink swooshes and is constructed of leather and suede in hues of light and dark blues. Run The Jewel’s signature hand gun and fist logos are located on each […]