YEEZY has long been a brand that pushes fashion and sneakers forward. First it was sock-like sneakers in the 350 V1 & 2, then starting the whole Dad Shoe craze with the 700. The newest models that you can add to that’s list are the YZY Slides and FOAM RNR. Unfortunately being the brand that isn’t scared to fail by trying something new, and 90% of the stuff you make becomes a hit. You become susceptible to other companies copying you. He even had to make Walmart take down fake FOAM RNRS they were selling on their website.
One of the biggest issues YEEZY has to deal with, other than brands making their own silhouettes that resemble YEEZY. Replica makers Overseas are literally making fake Yeezy sneakers of every drop that comes out. They even include adidas & YEEZY branding and make updates on their pairs trying to make them an exact copy as the authentic. There is almost nothing he can do to stop it, because too many people turn a blind eye over there, and don’t even attempt to do anything about it.
Later this month adidas is set to drop their Adilette 22 Slide, which has seen crazy hype throughout the sneaker community. Ye took to Instagram, letting everyone know he wasn’t too happy with this new slide from adidas, calling out adidas CEO Kasper Rorsted. Ye stated the following below.
“To Kasper I’m not standing for this blatant copying no more. To all sneaker culture.
To every ball player, rapper, or even if you work at the store. This is for everyone who wants to
express themselves, but feel they can’t, cause they’ll loose their contract or be called crazy. Bravery is not not being afraid. Bravery is overcoming your fear for your truth. This
Ye with the blue paint on my face. These shoes represent the disrespect that people in power have to the talent. This shoe is a fake Yeezy made by adidas themselves. I’m not talking to DC about this either Kasper come talk to me Happy Monday”
While the Adilette 22 slide does closely resemble the YEEZY Slide, adidas also has a Foam sneaker coming out later this year. While the sneaker don’t look as close to the FOAM RNR as the Adeline 22 Slide compares to the YEEZY Slide. It’s obvious with the growth in popularity from both YEEZY silhouettes, adidas is trying to cash in on the foam craze while it’s hot in the community. It don’t stop there either, as there has been a few adidas models to come out in recent years resembling YEEZY Silhouettes.
No one from adidas has responded publicly to what Ye had to say, and he has recently deleted the post. Let us know on our socials your thoughts on Ye saying adidas made their own fake YEEZY Slides. Turn on notifications so you know everytime we post and YEEZY news & launches.
- Salehe Bembury x New Balance 990v2 “Sand Be The Time” Releases DecemberNew Balance has been on a roll lately with all their recent collabs. Their upcoming Salehe Bembury 990 2 “Sand Be The Time” will be no different. This is the […]
- Jordan 1 “Lucky Green” Set For Spring ReleaseThe year 2023 is already looking like a huge year of releases for the Jordan brand. Here’s a look at the upcoming Joran 1 “Lucky Green” Jordan Brand is bringing […]
- YE24 Merch Has Already Hit Resale Sites On Secondary MarketOn December 2nd Johan Galaxy posted on Instagram that a flyer would drop soon with an address for a 1 day only in-store pop-up for the release of Ye’s repurposed […]
- Up There Store x New Balance 2002R “Backyard Legends II” Releasing In DecemberNew Balance is back with another collaboration, this time with the Australian boutique Up There Store. Following up their original NB 200R “Backyard Legends” release in July centered around an […]
- First Look: Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse x Air Jordan 1The details of a special Air Jordan 1 release connected to the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel are in the works. Here’s the rundown below. When Spider-Man: “Into the Spider-Verse” […]