YEEZY has long been a brand that pushes fashion and sneakers forward. First it was sock-like sneakers in the 350 V1 & 2, then starting the whole Dad Shoe craze with the 700. The newest models that you can add to that’s list are the YZY Slides and FOAM RNR. Unfortunately being the brand that isn’t scared to fail by trying something new, and 90% of the stuff you make becomes a hit. You become susceptible to other companies copying you. He even had to make Walmart take down fake FOAM RNRS they were selling on their website.
One of the biggest issues YEEZY has to deal with, other than brands making their own silhouettes that resemble YEEZY. Replica makers Overseas are literally making fake Yeezy sneakers of every drop that comes out. They even include adidas & YEEZY branding and make updates on their pairs trying to make them an exact copy as the authentic. There is almost nothing he can do to stop it, because too many people turn a blind eye over there, and don’t even attempt to do anything about it.
Later this month adidas is set to drop their Adilette 22 Slide, which has seen crazy hype throughout the sneaker community. Ye took to Instagram, letting everyone know he wasn’t too happy with this new slide from adidas, calling out adidas CEO Kasper Rorsted. Ye stated the following below.
“To Kasper I’m not standing for this blatant copying no more. To all sneaker culture.
To every ball player, rapper, or even if you work at the store. This is for everyone who wants to
express themselves, but feel they can’t, cause they’ll loose their contract or be called crazy. Bravery is not not being afraid. Bravery is overcoming your fear for your truth. This
Ye with the blue paint on my face. These shoes represent the disrespect that people in power have to the talent. This shoe is a fake Yeezy made by adidas themselves. I’m not talking to DC about this either Kasper come talk to me Happy Monday”
While the Adilette 22 slide does closely resemble the YEEZY Slide, adidas also has a Foam sneaker coming out later this year. While the sneaker don’t look as close to the FOAM RNR as the Adeline 22 Slide compares to the YEEZY Slide. It’s obvious with the growth in popularity from both YEEZY silhouettes, adidas is trying to cash in on the foam craze while it’s hot in the community. It don’t stop there either, as there has been a few adidas models to come out in recent years resembling YEEZY Silhouettes.
No one from adidas has responded publicly to what Ye had to say, and he has recently deleted the post. Let us know on our socials your thoughts on Ye saying adidas made their own fake YEEZY Slides. Turn on notifications so you know everytime we post and YEEZY news & launches.
- ADIDAS OFFICIALLY UNVEILS THE ADI fom QWe have now reached a new era in sneakers, one where slides and foam footwear is dominating the market. Whether it’s the crazy look of some of these slip-ons or just because of the extreme comfort level, whatever the reason is, it seems everyone has to have a foam sneaker in their collection these days. […]
- NEW YEEZY SLIDE FLAX DROPPING IN AUGUSTAs the restock list continues to grow for YEEZY Day we will be getting some new releases as well. Last year on YD as far as new releases went, we only seen two. The YZY FOAM RNR Cream Clay dropped first thing, and actually released in stores. The other new release was the YZY 700 […]
- MORE 450 SAMPLESWhen the 450 was first seen on Ye at Paris fashion week the YEEZY community went crazy over the final version of this model, which had been teased for a few years. YEEZY & adidas did a great job at keeping the initial release quiet, as news about YZY 450 Cloud White launch didn’t come […]
- NEW ADILETTE 22 SLIDE COLORWAYS SURFACEWhether you agree with Ye that adidas is making their own fake YEEZY Slides or not. There is no denying the amount of hype these have. With only 3 colorways dropping so far out of many, these are quickly becoming one of the most popular slides on the market today. We first seen the Desert […]
- MORE IMAGES OF THE ADIDAS ADI fomQ SURFACEAdidas has long been known for their sock-like running shoes made popular with the Ultraboost. A model that was so hyped at one point, adidas had life long Nike fans trading in their air for BOOST™. That was short lived, as adidas started to base almost every new sneaker around the sock-like construction the Ultraboost […]
- MORE YZY SLIDES ON THE WAY IN JULYOne of the most popular Yeezy models, the slide hype is at an all time high. With Summer in full force and keeping tradition of dropping every few months, the Yeezy slides are back again in the Resin, Bone and Onyx colorway. The Yeezy Slide Bone hasn’t been dropped in a very long time, and […]
- WHERE TO BUY YEEZY 350 V2 BLUE TINT EUROPE RESTOCKYeezy is about to hit a slow point with only slides dropping in July. On June 24th UK will restock the Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Blue Tint then drops will come to a hault until end of July. With North America only getting the restock last January and Asia Pacific before that. Here is another […]
- NEW YZY KNIT RNR FADE AZURE SURFACESOne of the newest YZY models is getting a new colorway. The YZY KNIT RNR first released back in 2021 in the Sulfur colorway. This model was met with mixed reviews, as a lot of new YZY models are. Only 2 colorways have released thus far in this model with a third on the horizon. […]
- YZY FOAM RNR SAND RESTOCK DELAYEDWith a packed month of June releases coming to a close soon, with the YEEZY Boost 350 V2 Onyx and Bone dropping Monday, June 20th. We were suppose to get 1 more drop this month in the way of a restock, but it’s looking like that’s not gonna happen now. The YZY FOAM RNR Sand […]
- WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YEEZY DAY 2022Per our recent posts, we just went over some of the new colorways that will dropping on YEEZY DAY. There will not only just be a few new releases dropping, we will see plenty of restocks launching also, here’s the rundown. Starting back in July of 2019, we hear rumors of a huge ‘deadstock day’ […]
- WHERE TO BUY YEEZY 350 V2 ONYX & BONEBONE As YEEZY continues to pack in as many releases they can for June. After Friday’s drop, They aren’t letting up and restocking the YEEZY BOOST 350 V2 Bone on Monday June 20th. Originally an adidas & YEEZY Supply exclusive launch, the Bone is coming back full force. We will see tOnyx 350 drop on […]
- YE GETS VOCAL ABOUT ADIDAS COPYING YEEZY SLIDESYEEZY has long been a brand that pushes fashion and sneakers forward. First it was sock-like sneakers in the 350 V1 & 2, then starting the whole Dad Shoe craze with the 700. The newest models that you can add to that’s list are the YZY Slides and FOAM RNR. Unfortunately being the brand that […]
- WHERE TO BUY YEEZY 700 HI-RES RED, RAFFLE AND ONLINE DROP LISTTaking the 700 model away from the usual earth tones, the YEEZY 700 Hi-Res Red comes in a more vibrant take on the model. The Hi-Res Red features a mix of red, black, and grey between its mesh, suede and premium leather upper. A fang like suede overlay on the toe box comes in a […]
- NEW RELEASES DROPPING ON YEEZY DAY 2022Since 2019, August has quickly became one of the most exciting months for YEEZY. What was suppose to just be a way to get rid of dead stock in warehouses, has now became an all day semi-annual event in YEEZY DAY. Full of restocks from releases from of this year, and previous. YEEZY is even […]
- WHERE TO BUY YEEZY 700 MNVN LACELESS PHOSPHORWhile the MNVN isn’t the most popular YEEZY model. We are still consistently getting new colorways. Some would say the MNVN’s faults are just the repetitiveness of the model by only changing the color of the upper. While the new laceless version is coming in a previous colorway, Phosphor. The model is starting to move […]