2021 in a lot of ways was just as rough as 2020, especially for brands. Most had to stop production for a couple months due to the new surge of Covid. On top of that we still dealing with shipping issues all across the globe. With all that being said the Yeezy brand still managed to have likely it’s biggest year ever.
In a year with 80 total releases, (not counting Yeezy Day) it isn’t so easy to narrow it down to a top 10 favorite drops. As you have to take into account the look of the shoe first of all. Then you have functionality and my most important thing for me is comfort. With this year bringing us 7 new silhouettes plus the classics that we already loved. This will definitely not be an easy list to make. I’m sure you won’t agree with all of them but this is our top 10 Favorite Yeezy releases for 2021.
Starting the list off at #10 we have the YZY Knit Rnr BT in Sulfur. I’m not usually big on wearing boots but these are just on another level. While they are bulky and kinda awkward around the top. These just look so nice on foot with the correct jeans on. They are definitely not made for some skinny’s. Love em or hate em Ye isn’t scared to try something new. Always trying to push fashion forward even if there is a chance it could be met with mixed reviews.
Coming in at #9 we have the Ash Grey 500. Yes go ahead and say it, this is similar to other 500s. While you might be right, I really like this pair because it has a mixture grey and not just one tonal color, which makes these a little different from other 500s. Although I’d like to get a multicolored pair. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Enflame and don’t like High 500s as they just aren’t a good look for me.
At #8 we have the revamped 350 V2 in the CMPCT version. This sneaker while looks weird when not on foot, seems to take a lot of inspiration from a number of Yeezy models. This mash up has 3D knit almost identical to the Knit Bsktbl with a similar lacing system to the 450. The sole is exact same as all past 350s. With this newly updated upper along with the Boost sole that we have loved for years makes this one of the most comfortable Yeezys ever.
Dark Slate 450 is taking the #7 spot. Another model that was debuted this year but not in the OG colorway. Honestly I could put this or the Cloud White in this place, but chose the Slate since they don’t get dirty so easy. This is such an out there shoe that it just works somehow.
Next #6 brings us to the newest Performance basketball model for Yeezy. The YZY KNIT BSKTBL is totally different than what we usually see on the court. Sporting a 3D Knitted upper with padding inside to keep your foot locked in. The upper, extended sockliner, and Boost cushioning all work great together make them an extremely comfortable basketball sneaker. These also work great as a lifestyle sneaker too.
The Beluga Reflective comes in at #5, while I’ve kinda been off the 350 for a while now. Yeezy bringing back this colorway after 5 years it such an iconic sneaker they had to be on this list. Eventhough the reflective part of it don’t make the shoe at all. It was a good way to bring back a classic without “restocking” the original. While it was the biggest drop for Yeezy this year it still had no problem selling as the original Beluga was the one that got away for a lot of Yeezy fans.
At #4 on the list, we have the 700 Wash Orange. The 700 is one of my favorite models from Yeezy, with the Wave Runner as my favorite colorway this has to be on my list because it’s basically a dark Wave Runner with an orange sole. While I think they over did the orange sole this year this was a colorway that is was made for.
Coming in at #3 we have the Ochre Foam Rnnr. I chose this color just because this is the everyday Foam Rnnr. The Foam Rnnr colors this year have been very versitle. Whether you want a loud color or something low key. Yeezy made sure to give you options with this model. With so many to choose from this is at to top of my list. Plus it’s hard to beat the comfort of a Foam Rnnr.
At #2 we have the Cream 700 V2. I know not many people would have this at the top of their list, but this 700 V2 is perfect for about any occasion. With it’s cream and white make up you can wear with any fit in your closet, making them really versital. 700 V2 is one of my favorite models, so for me this had to be high on the list.
We have the PURE Slide coming in at number 1 for our favorite release for Yeezy in 2021. This has been restocked every couple months basically all year. People still go crazy for them every time. Well, that’s slides in general, but these seemed like the hottest colorway so far. With the most recent restock having newly designed materials with a more textured feel on top of the slide. I know what you’re thinking a slide at #1? I had to think what do I grab more than anything out of the collection? I don’t just mean to run to the store with, but I wear these almost daily and more than any other Yeezy from this year so I had to put it at number 1.
Now I’m sure not everyone will agree with my list but this is just my favorite releases of 2021. Let us know on Instagram what your list would consist of. Make sure to keep glued here to be first notified every time we post about upcoming Yeezy Launches and news, we will always post here first.
- Salehe Bembury x New Balance 990v2 “Sand Be The Time” Releases DecemberNew Balance has been on a roll lately with all their recent collabs. Their upcoming Salehe Bembury 990 2 “Sand Be The Time” will be no different. This is the first time Bembury has worked on the 990 models which are decked out in earthy coral tones. The upper features shaggy suede in coral paired […]
- Jordan 1 “Lucky Green” Set For Spring ReleaseThe year 2023 is already looking like a huge year of releases for the Jordan brand. Here’s a look at the upcoming Joran 1 “Lucky Green” Jordan Brand is bringing back the iconic black toe color blocking this time paired with green overlays at the heel and ankle flaps. The “Lucky Green” is reminiscent of […]
- YE24 Merch Has Already Hit Resale Sites On Secondary MarketOn December 2nd Johan Galaxy posted on Instagram that a flyer would drop soon with an address for a 1 day only in-store pop-up for the release of Ye’s repurposed YE24 merch. Since Art Basel has been going on Ye decided to take everything to Miami and have a surprise pop-up. The flyer stated Merch […]
- Up There Store x New Balance 2002R “Backyard Legends II” Releasing In DecemberNew Balance is back with another collaboration, this time with the Australian boutique Up There Store. Following up their original NB 200R “Backyard Legends” release in July centered around an Aussie backyard barbecue. Here’s the rundown on the newest iteration. The upper features maroon overlays in both suede and mesh at the lace eyelets. While […]
- First Look: Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse x Air Jordan 1The details of a special Air Jordan 1 release connected to the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel are in the works. Here’s the rundown below. When Spider-Man: “Into the Spider-Verse” debuted in 2018, it became an instant blockbuster, earning absurd box office results and receiving its own Air Jordan 1. Next summer will see the […]
- Official Images of Virgil Abloh’s Made From Scratch Off-White X Nike Air Terra FormaOfficial images have finally been revealed for Virgil Abloh’s original design and his first from-scratch collaboration with Nike of his Off-White x Nike Air Terra Forma. A first look was leaked a couple of weeks again in a “white” colorway and we now have confirmation there is also a “wheat” colorway set to launch shortly. […]
- The Air Jordan 3 “Reimagined White Cement” Launching in 20232023 will be the 35th anniversary of the Air Jordan 3. To kick the year off Jordan brand is bringing back one of the models most iconic colorways, the Air Jordan 3 “White Cement” is releasing in a “reimagined” version. Similar to the “Lost and Found” Air Jordan 1 Chicago that just released in OG […]
- Official Images: Air Jordan 7 “Black Olive”Jordan Brand likes to commentates OG models, usually when they hit another 5 year anniversary. They take that whole year and focus on that particular model by releasing in both original colorways as well as some fresh ones. This year is the year of the Air Jordan 7 and while the releases have been kind […]
- Ye And Kim Kardashian Finalize DivorceThe divorce between Ye and Kim Kardashian is now final. Ye and Kim split up in February 2021 when she originally submitted a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. She then asked a judge to legally terminate her marital status in December 2021 so that they could formally dissolve her marriage and decide custody of the […]
- First Look: New YZY 700 V4 Sample In BlackEver since the Yeezy/adidas split people have wondered what would be next for adidas as far as releases, since they clearly are planning to release more Yeezy designs. Well we still don’t have any news on what’s next for them, but here is some info on a Yeezy model that didn’t make it to release. […]
- First Look At The Jarritos x Nike SB Dunk LowWith the resurgence of the Nike Dunk over that last few years it’s no surprise that Nike has prioritized the Dunk silhouette in 2022. We have seen a ton of old colorways make a comeback as well as collaborations. It looks like Nike is continuing to capitalize on this trend by with plenty of colorways […]
- Official Images: Air Jordan 2 ‘Chicago’ Launching DecemberOver the years, the Air Jordan 2 has largely been forgotten, but there has been a comeback as of late. Collaborations have been very popular in the sneaker industry, and Jordan Brand has used them arguably more effectively than most. This has been their plan of attack for generating interest in the Jordan 2. They’ve […]
- Ye Announces Plans To Run For President 2024 And Making Apparel For $20In a video caught by x17online recently, after giving the cameraman a coat that had just been made, Ye invited him in his design studio where he actually got on to the cameraman for calling him Kanye, but then said in a joking manner it’ll take time for us to update. He then declared his […]
- “We The Best” Air Jordan 5 Sail & Crimson Bliss Drops Next WeekIf the DJ Khaled ‘Crimson Bliss’ wasn’t enough official images of the Sail colorway have recently released. Khaled has collaborated with Jordan Brand in the past but his sneaker were never made available to the public. Which meant if you wanted a pair you had to know him personally or buy from someone that did. […]
- Run The Jewels x Nike SB Dunk in a High & Low Coming In 2023Run the Jewels and Nike Sb have teamed up on two Dunk Colorways in a High and Low. The low includes pink swooshes and is constructed of leather and suede in hues of light and dark blues. Run The Jewel’s signature hand gun and fist logos are located on each heel where you’d usually see […]