Over the years, the Air Jordan 2 has largely been forgotten, but there has been a comeback as of late. Collaborations have been very popular in the sneaker industry, and Jordan Brand has used them arguably more effectively than most. This has been their plan of attack for generating interest in the Jordan 2. They’ve had influencers and brands like Virgil Abloh and his Off-White brand, as well as A Ma Maniere, Union LA, J Balvin, and others. A few years ago, nobody wanted a Jordan 2, but that has changed as a result of well planned collaborations with these brands. Therefore, the holiday season is the ideal moment to reintroduce the original Air Jordan 2 ‘Chicago’.
The Air Jordan 2 “Chicago” is made entirely of leather, with panels that are a mix of smooth and embossed. The upper is primarily white with black and varsity red accents at the heel. At the top of the heel, Nike branding is visible in varsity red. On the white tongue, the Air Jordan Wings logo is stamped, and the black trim matches the sockliner.
The midsole features a smooth black finish contrasting the upper. While the outsole comes in OG form in black, red and white color blocking with Nike at the heel. Other details include flat laces in black and the sneakers will be packaged in the Air Jordan 2 ‘Wings’ box. This iteration of the Air Jordan 2 ‘Chicago’ is as close as you can get to the original which will sit well with Jordan collectors.
When Does The Air Jordan 2 Chicago 2022 Release?
On December 30th, expect them to launch for $200. They will be available on the SNKRS app and select retailers. This will be a full family sizing drop. Check out the official pictures below and keep checking back for more sneaker updates.
Air Jordan 2 OG ‘Chicago’
Color: White/Varsity Red-Black
Style Code: DX2454-106
Release: December 30, 2022
- Salehe Bembury x New Balance 990v2 “Sand Be The Time” Releases DecemberNew Balance has been on a roll lately with all their recent collabs. Their upcoming Salehe Bembury 990 2 “Sand Be The Time” will be no different. This is the first time Bembury has worked […]
- Jordan 1 “Lucky Green” Set For Spring ReleaseThe year 2023 is already looking like a huge year of releases for the Jordan brand. Here’s a look at the upcoming Joran 1 “Lucky Green” Jordan Brand is bringing back the iconic black toe […]
- YE24 Merch Has Already Hit Resale Sites On Secondary MarketOn December 2nd Johan Galaxy posted on Instagram that a flyer would drop soon with an address for a 1 day only in-store pop-up for the release of Ye’s repurposed YE24 merch. Since Art Basel […]
- Up There Store x New Balance 2002R “Backyard Legends II” Releasing In DecemberNew Balance is back with another collaboration, this time with the Australian boutique Up There Store. Following up their original NB 200R “Backyard Legends” release in July centered around an Aussie backyard barbecue. Here’s the […]
- First Look: Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse x Air Jordan 1The details of a special Air Jordan 1 release connected to the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel are in the works. Here’s the rundown below. When Spider-Man: “Into the Spider-Verse” debuted in 2018, it became […]