Adidas has long been known for their sock-like running shoes made popular with the Ultraboost. A model that was so hyped at one point, adidas had life long Nike fans trading in their air for BOOST™. That was short lived, as adidas started to base almost every new sneaker around the sock-like construction the Ultraboost became popular for instead of evolving.
It appears adidas has decided to make some changes in their lineup and join the ongoing trend of foam slides and clogs. A look YEEZY and Crocs have been dominating with the YZY FOAM RNR, YZY Slides, Crocs in general, and their Pollex Clog collab with Salehe Bembury. Still under development images of the adidas COSMIC fomQUAKE samples have surfaced lately giving us a peak at what an adidas foam sneaker looks like. The first image surfaced in 2021, unfortunately blogs ran with it, stating it was a FOAM RNR V2, due to the similarities on the upper. While we are all ready to see what Ye can do on a version 2 FOAM RNR. The first image just looked like something was missing.
Recently as more images have surfaced it was revealed that a lot was missing in the first leaked image. The one piece injected EVA foam exoskeleton encases a grey sock-like bootie that can be worn inside sneaker or taken out. The sock-like bootie adds another layer to the foam build, making them look more like a sneaker than a clog. Small hole in the top make up the eyelets for lacing system. This sample features flat laces that likely only serve a purpose for looks, rather than actually needing them to keep your foot locked in.
This ADI fom Q sample doesn’t feature a ton of color, but an orange adidas trefiloil logo sits on the tongue’s lateral side with another hint of orange at the ankle collar. Part of the one piece Foam build, the midsole should be on another level as far as comfort, as it made from the same EVA foam as the YZY FOAM RNR.
The outsole features two rubber pieces fused to the bottom, making the shoe more durable, with better grip than if it was just foam. This is not something you usually see on a foam silhouette, but this will definitely make them last longer. More sample colorways have already been made with some featuring an “Mx” pattern on the upper. Unfortunately we are not allowed to share these to the public yet. Just know that this model is gonna take off for adidas
A black pair has also surfaced in a different design, along with a white version of the same style. Even less is known about these, and they may not even release. The upper features a more dynamic design with sleeker cutouts. The overall shape is much more compressed compared the the adiFOM Q. The sock-like booty seems to be made from a version of adidas’ Primeknit with an elastic cuff, similar to what you see on the YZY 450.
It’s hard to tell exactly what outer shell is made from, but the style is similar to the ADI fomQ by having the 2 piece upper. The lacing system On this pair is integrated into the booty, all images of this model doesn’t have laces, but they will likely feature round laces. The foam midsole consists of intricate designs throughout matching the upper.
The adidas adiFOM Q is still in a sample phase, with a release expected at the end of 2022 or possibly early 2023. Make sure to turn on notifications to be notified every time we about upcoming YEEZY launches and sneaker news. Stay tuned into our social medias let us know if you like us venturing out beyond just posting YEEZY news.
- Salehe Bembury x New Balance 990v2 “Sand Be The Time” Releases DecemberNew Balance has been on a roll lately with all their recent collabs. Their upcoming Salehe Bembury 990 2 “Sand Be The Time” will be no different. This is […]
- Jordan 1 “Lucky Green” Set For Spring ReleaseThe year 2023 is already looking like a huge year of releases for the Jordan brand. Here’s a look at the upcoming Joran 1 “Lucky Green” Jordan Brand is […]
- YE24 Merch Has Already Hit Resale Sites On Secondary MarketOn December 2nd Johan Galaxy posted on Instagram that a flyer would drop soon with an address for a 1 day only in-store pop-up for the release of Ye’s […]
- Up There Store x New Balance 2002R “Backyard Legends II” Releasing In DecemberNew Balance is back with another collaboration, this time with the Australian boutique Up There Store. Following up their original NB 200R “Backyard Legends” release in July centered around […]
- First Look: Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse x Air Jordan 1The details of a special Air Jordan 1 release connected to the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel are in the works. Here’s the rundown below. When Spider-Man: “Into the […]