Ever since the Yeezy/adidas split people have wondered what would be next for adidas as far as releases, since they clearly are planning to release more Yeezy designs. Well we still don’t have any news on what’s next for them, but here is some info on a Yeezy model that didn’t make it to release.
Instagram account @fuel_backdoor has the first public look at a new YZY 700 V4 sample. This model was already in development for YEEZY, and has been in development since beginning of 2022. To clarify this is NOT a brand new model that adidas just created in the past month after the October 25th split with Ye. That don’t mean adidas won’t still drop these if they are able to, as they weren’t released. UPDATE: 11.28.22. Yes the tag says 700 V3, but sources close to Yeezy have informed us these were suppose to end up being called the 700 V4 when they released, but since Ye & adidas split, it’s up in their air what adidas will do with the model now.
The YZY 700 V4 borrows its general shape and design cues from the original 700 V3, but unlike a typical sneaker, it doesn’t have a separate midsole, upper, or sockliner. The slip-on is constructed from an EVA foam material, with the upper cage and soles being one piece. It functions kind of as a laceless version of the V3, and is equipped with an integrated neoprene sockliner fused to the foam upper. Then 700 V4 still features the blue polyurethane cushioning from the OG 700 V3 inside instead of Boost.
If you was wondering why Ye made such a big deal about the adiFOM Q, and continually said adidas was stealing his designs. This version of the 700 has been in the works long before the adifom Q had started development. At this point since it wasn’t a model that actually released, we don’t know if adidas has plans to drop these, or if they will even be able to.
A few months back we seen more sample colorways that feature the same upper pattern underneath the “cage” similar to what we see on the OG 700 V3 model. Unfortunately we are not allowed to share any of those images. Which I have to say looks better than the solid panels on the sample pictured. Some of the samples we seen weren’t just plain colorways either. They were finished with vivid colors, with some Mx versions as well. Staying away from the plain Earth tones you would expect. This model definitely has potential, eventhough this sample don’t really reflect that.
- A Detailed Look: Yeezy 350 V2 Light Cinder Due In 2023Once slated for a January release, we have the best look yet at the Yeezy 350 V2 Light Cinder. Coming in light grey, this tonal colorway is reminiscent of the 2020 Tail Light release. These […]
- More Unreleased Yeezys SurfaceWell, there has been a considerable slowdown of early Yeezy pairs lately as the divorce of the two brands goes into its third month. As it’s genuinely unsure what’s next, SolesByZay has just blessed the […]
- New 500 colorway emergesThis Yeezy 500, while being multi-colored, it is far from some of the louder colors like Sumac or Enflame. They are reconstructed with an upper composed of suede, premium leather, and mesh with nubuck accents. […]
- Adidas Staying True to Their Word, Will Drop Non-Yeezy Branded Colorways 2023As 2022 comes to a close, it looks like adidas is doubling down on releasing Yeezy’s without the Yeezy branding. Their first drop will be the 350 V2 Granite/ Core Black. Taking inspiration from the […]
- Ye And Kim Kardashian Finalize DivorceThe divorce between Ye and Kim Kardashian is now final. Ye and Kim split up in February 2021 when she originally submitted a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. She then asked a judge to legally […]