DJ Khaled has long been an avid sneaker collector with his favorite being Jordan’s. The Grammy winner first collaborated with Jordan Brand in 2017, with an extremely limited run of his Friends & Family Air Jordan 3 in university Red. This first retro with Jordan brand was named after his “Grateful” album of the same year. At one time this was a major grail for a lot of sneaker collectors, but with pairs fetching $20k or more, you weren’t getting a pair unless you were willing to pay the extremely high price on secondary market.
Khaled and Jordan brand went with the same formula for his 2018 album “Father of Asahd”- The album and the shoes were named after his son. This was yet another Air Jordan 3 with a lot of the same details from the first pair, but this time they came in 2 versions for another Friends & Family release. They both featured a blue upper, with one coming in a nubuck material, while the other seen the same leather look as his previous “Grateful” Air Jordan 3. Well I’m sure you know by now, Khaled and Jordan have been in the lab cooking up another Jordan Retro. This time it won’t be another Air Jordan 3. November 28th on CYBER MONDAY, DJ Khaled and Jordan brand join forces again for his first retail release. The “Crimson Bliss” Air Jordan 5 which was first debuted by Khaled when he received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The Air Jordan 5 was originally designed by Tinker Hatfield and made its debut in 1990. The “Crimson Bliss” features premium materials throughout, including a leather upper, paired with a mesh netting of the same finish. This colorway definitely has South Florida written all over them. They feature the usual 3M reflective tongue that Jordan 5 is known for. Moving on to the inside of the sneaker we are met with pastel blue insoles. With the left boasting ‘WE THE BEST” inside; while the right has the usual NIKE AIR branding with swoosh. Behind the tongue and sockliner feature a quilted material adding to the comfort and premium aesthetic. Other details include “WE THE BEST” & NIKE AIR branding on the heels, peach lace locks, and 4 sets of laces coming in peach, pastel blue, white and Black.
Look for these to launch November 28th Globally on Cyber Monday. There will be an early SNKRS APP drop per usual that NIKE does on big releases the week of November 4th, so keep your eyes on the app. There will also be apparel dropped at the same time. Follow our social medias below and have notifications on so you can stay up to date on upcoming sneaker releases. Check out official images below.
DJ Khaled x Air Jordan 5 “Crimson Bliss”
Release Date: November 28th
Color: Crimson Bliss/Leche Blue-Sail
Style Code: DV4982-641
- Salehe Bembury x New Balance 990v2 “Sand Be The Time” Releases DecemberNew Balance has been on a roll lately with all their recent collabs. Their upcoming Salehe Bembury 990 2 “Sand Be The Time” will be no different. This is the first time Bembury has worked […]
- Jordan 1 “Lucky Green” Set For Spring ReleaseThe year 2023 is already looking like a huge year of releases for the Jordan brand. Here’s a look at the upcoming Joran 1 “Lucky Green” Jordan Brand is bringing back the iconic black toe […]
- YE24 Merch Has Already Hit Resale Sites On Secondary MarketOn December 2nd Johan Galaxy posted on Instagram that a flyer would drop soon with an address for a 1 day only in-store pop-up for the release of Ye’s repurposed YE24 merch. Since Art Basel […]
- Up There Store x New Balance 2002R “Backyard Legends II” Releasing In DecemberNew Balance is back with another collaboration, this time with the Australian boutique Up There Store. Following up their original NB 200R “Backyard Legends” release in July centered around an Aussie backyard barbecue. Here’s the […]
- First Look: Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse x Air Jordan 1The details of a special Air Jordan 1 release connected to the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel are in the works. Here’s the rundown below. When Spider-Man: “Into the Spider-Verse” debuted in 2018, it became […]