UPDATE 2.25.22: ADIDAS terminates contract obligations with YEEZY effective immediately this article was written before the press release.
2022 has proved whether Ye and adidas end up working their issues out or they don’t, adidas is definitely cashing out before they make a final decision. On the one hand all the restocks have been great, giving us a chance to grab some classic models and colorways, that we other wise wouldn’t be able to get, unless you paid an insane amount on the secondary market. On the other hand, their lack of communication has stopped any new colorways of new models like NSLTD BT & KNIT RNR BT. While also stopping any new models from being developed and released. This has left us with only new similar 350 V2, FOAM RNR, and KNIT RNR colorways. Unfortunately it’s looking more like this partnership will end early as it appears both parties are ready to go separate ways, especially after Ye’s recent behavior.
With that being said we had recently got word on October 21st that adidas planned to end the year with 2 massive restocks ranging all the way back from the beginning of the YEEZY and adidas partnership. Originally planned to drop early 2023, they had moved the launch or the YEEZY 950 restock in the Pirate Black colorway to this December.
The YEEZY 950 made from a ballistic nylon and rubber used in the construction of the 7-hole Duck Boot silhouette. The debossed tongue tag and the housing for the weatherized laces are both made of premium suede in a black finish. The eyelets and laces are tonally colored, which furthers the monochrome appearance. A red embroidered pull-tab at the back completes the design while making it easier to put on and take off. The seamless attachment of the high-profile midsole to the top enhances the round toe’s form. High traction tread and embossed adidas and YEEZY logo are found below the rubber lug outsole.
If the news of the YEEZY 950 Pirate Black wasn’t enough, another Pirate Black was also set to restock this December in the original YEEZY BOOST 350 Pirate Black 350. As they have already been produced it was already hinted that these would of launched before the original Spring 2023 release date that was first reported.
The YEEZY BOOST 350 Pirate Black was first made available on August 22, 2015. It has a primeknit upper with a mirrored black and grey design all over. On each medial side of the midsole, suede patches rest above, enhancing the appearance. The Primeknit upper is woven with the 350 style lacing system, which is home to circular laces with a dark grey design. The sneaker’s heel, where the pull tab may be found. This is available in black with a thin red stitched line running horizontally from end to end. The ribbed sidewalls on the midsole are similar to those on the V2, except they are painted black, making them opaque. Inside, full-length drop-in Boost seats for exceptional comfort. The color scheme released again in 2016 with updated padding in heel. Which is what we will get on this restock
The YEEZY 950 Pirate Black and Yeezy 350 Pirate Black were both are set to return this December, but as we all have seen over the past few days this will not happen now. The original retail price of the 950 was set at $585. The YEEZY 350 Pirate Black would of retailed for $230 this time around.
- Salehe Bembury x New Balance 990v2 “Sand Be The Time” Releases DecemberNew Balance has been on a roll lately with all their recent collabs. Their upcoming Salehe Bembury 990 2 “Sand Be The Time” will be no different. This is the first time Bembury has […]
- Jordan 1 “Lucky Green” Set For Spring ReleaseThe year 2023 is already looking like a huge year of releases for the Jordan brand. Here’s a look at the upcoming Joran 1 “Lucky Green” Jordan Brand is bringing back the iconic black […]
- YE24 Merch Has Already Hit Resale Sites On Secondary MarketOn December 2nd Johan Galaxy posted on Instagram that a flyer would drop soon with an address for a 1 day only in-store pop-up for the release of Ye’s repurposed YE24 merch. Since Art […]
- Up There Store x New Balance 2002R “Backyard Legends II” Releasing In DecemberNew Balance is back with another collaboration, this time with the Australian boutique Up There Store. Following up their original NB 200R “Backyard Legends” release in July centered around an Aussie backyard barbecue. Here’s […]
- First Look: Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse x Air Jordan 1The details of a special Air Jordan 1 release connected to the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel are in the works. Here’s the rundown below. When Spider-Man: “Into the Spider-Verse” debuted in 2018, it […]