UPDATE 2.25.22: ADIDAS terminates contract obligations with YEEZY effective immediately this article was written before the press release.
2022 has proved whether Ye and adidas end up working their issues out or they don’t, adidas is definitely cashing out before they make a final decision. On the one hand all the restocks have been great, giving us a chance to grab some classic models and colorways, that we other wise wouldn’t be able to get, unless you paid an insane amount on the secondary market. On the other hand, their lack of communication has stopped any new colorways of new models like NSLTD BT & KNIT RNR BT. While also stopping any new models from being developed and released. This has left us with only new similar 350 V2, FOAM RNR, and KNIT RNR colorways. Unfortunately it’s looking more like this partnership will end early as it appears both parties are ready to go separate ways, especially after Ye’s recent behavior.
With that being said we had recently got word on October 21st that adidas planned to end the year with 2 massive restocks ranging all the way back from the beginning of the YEEZY and adidas partnership. Originally planned to drop early 2023, they had moved the launch or the YEEZY 950 restock in the Pirate Black colorway to this December.
The YEEZY 950 made from a ballistic nylon and rubber used in the construction of the 7-hole Duck Boot silhouette. The debossed tongue tag and the housing for the weatherized laces are both made of premium suede in a black finish. The eyelets and laces are tonally colored, which furthers the monochrome appearance. A red embroidered pull-tab at the back completes the design while making it easier to put on and take off. The seamless attachment of the high-profile midsole to the top enhances the round toe’s form. High traction tread and embossed adidas and YEEZY logo are found below the rubber lug outsole.
If the news of the YEEZY 950 Pirate Black wasn’t enough, another Pirate Black was also set to restock this December in the original YEEZY BOOST 350 Pirate Black 350. As they have already been produced it was already hinted that these would of launched before the original Spring 2023 release date that was first reported.
The YEEZY BOOST 350 Pirate Black was first made available on August 22, 2015. It has a primeknit upper with a mirrored black and grey design all over. On each medial side of the midsole, suede patches rest above, enhancing the appearance. The Primeknit upper is woven with the 350 style lacing system, which is home to circular laces with a dark grey design. The sneaker’s heel, where the pull tab may be found. This is available in black with a thin red stitched line running horizontally from end to end. The ribbed sidewalls on the midsole are similar to those on the V2, except they are painted black, making them opaque. Inside, full-length drop-in Boost seats for exceptional comfort. The color scheme released again in 2016 with updated padding in heel. Which is what we will get on this restock
The YEEZY 950 Pirate Black and Yeezy 350 Pirate Black were both are set to return this December, but as we all have seen over the past few days this will not happen now. The original retail price of the 950 was set at $585. The YEEZY 350 Pirate Black would of retailed for $230 this time around.
- Ye and Adidas Reach New Agreement For Remaining Yeezy StockIn October of 2022, Adidas shocked the world as they announced their split with Ye and his Yeezy brand, which ended up in a very public manner. In general, it is fairly clear why […]
- Ye Gets Married To Yeezy Designer Bianca CensoriKanye West recently wed Bianca Censori, a Yeezy employee, in a private Beverly Hills ceremony. According to reports, Ye and Censori exchanged wedding rings without submitting a marriage certificate to make their union legally […]
- After Adidas’ Split With Ye, They Are Stuck With $530 Million In InventoryYe has managed to stay out of the headlines for the last couple of weeks, but he’s back again, well, sort of, as reports have shown after Adidas split with Ye, they have over […]
- As More Early “Yeezys” Surface on Social, Does Adidas Have What It Takes To Market Them As Their Own?One thing adidas is good at is shooting itself in the foot after relying so heavily on the Yeezy brand, which is the only product line that has been selling out to carry the […]
- A Detailed Look: Yeezy 350 V2 Space Ash Due In 2023Once slated for a January release, we have the best look yet at the Yeezy 350 V2 Space Ash. Coming in light grey, this tonal colorway is reminiscent of the 2020 Tail Light release. […]