YEEZY has long been a brand that pushes fashion and sneakers forward. First it was sock-like sneakers in the 350 V1 & 2, then starting the whole Dad Shoe craze with the 700. The newest models that you can add to that’s list are the YZY Slides and FOAM RNR. Unfortunately being the brand that isn’t scared to fail by trying something new, and 90% of the stuff you make becomes a hit. You become susceptible to other companies copying you. He even had to make Walmart take down fake FOAM RNRS they were selling on their website.
One of the biggest issues YEEZY has to deal with, other than brands making their own silhouettes that resemble YEEZY. Replica makers Overseas are literally making fake Yeezy sneakers of every drop that comes out. They even include adidas & YEEZY branding and make updates on their pairs trying to make them an exact copy as the authentic. There is almost nothing he can do to stop it, because too many people turn a blind eye over there, and don’t even attempt to do anything about it.
Later this month adidas is set to drop their Adilette 22 Slide, which has seen crazy hype throughout the sneaker community. Ye took to Instagram, letting everyone know he wasn’t too happy with this new slide from adidas, calling out adidas CEO Kasper Rorsted. Ye stated the following below.
“To Kasper I’m not standing for this blatant copying no more. To all sneaker culture.
To every ball player, rapper, or even if you work at the store. This is for everyone who wants to
express themselves, but feel they can’t, cause they’ll loose their contract or be called crazy. Bravery is not not being afraid. Bravery is overcoming your fear for your truth. This
Ye with the blue paint on my face. These shoes represent the disrespect that people in power have to the talent. This shoe is a fake Yeezy made by adidas themselves. I’m not talking to DC about this either Kasper come talk to me Happy Monday”
While the Adilette 22 slide does closely resemble the YEEZY Slide, adidas also has a Foam sneaker coming out later this year. While the sneaker don’t look as close to the FOAM RNR as the Adeline 22 Slide compares to the YEEZY Slide. It’s obvious with the growth in popularity from both YEEZY silhouettes, adidas is trying to cash in on the foam craze while it’s hot in the community. It don’t stop there either, as there has been a few adidas models to come out in recent years resembling YEEZY Silhouettes.
No one from adidas has responded publicly to what Ye had to say, and he has recently deleted the post. Let us know on our socials your thoughts on Ye saying adidas made their own fake YEEZY Slides. Turn on notifications so you know everytime we post and YEEZY news & launches.
- Yeezy DST Bt Restocking in Rock and Salt ColorwaysThe highly sought-after YEEZY DST BT is making a triumphant return with a restock in the Rock and Salt colorways. Ye’s iconic Yeezy line has garnered immense popularity over the […]
- The Yeezy Foam Rnr Carbon Will Also Launch in 2023The world of sneaker enthusiasts is abuzz with excitement as YEEZY and adidas gears up to introduce deadstock back into the market. One of the mostly sought after models is […]
- The Yzy 450 Slide Will Finally Release SoonThe Yeezy brand has been making waves in the fashion world for years now, and their latest release is no exception. The Yeezy 450 Slide in the Cream colorway is […]
- Adidas Will Release Yeezy Sneakers Starting May 31stAdidas has officially announced that they will be restocking their highly coveted YEEZY sneakers this May. The news comes as a relief to fans who have been waiting for a […]
- Multiple New Yeezy Sample Models Hit eBayAs Yeezy fans are still left wondering if we will ever see more Yeezy sneakers hit retailers, with or without adidas. What makes it worse is seeing new models hit […]
Adidas bout to give ye a stimmy 💰