Around 9pm last night on January 10th Ye dropped the video for HEAVEN and HELL. As always in his videos, the visuals didn’t disappoint. It starts out with a handful of people on screen in all black with hoodies over their head and a thin mask covering everyone’s face. Then you notice as the song goes on everyone in almost every scene is dressed in the same attire.
Of course if your watching the vid you’re obviously a fan of Ye, so it’s not hard to notice that the hoodies are the recent YEEZY GAP that dropped a few months back. That’s including the scenes where it’s a sea of people floating on an “assembly line” throughout the sky. Then it cuts to Ye rapping but you can’t see his face as he brought back a mask of his own. Which looks to be made of a thicker material with what appears to be a 3M stripe going down the middle. If I had to guess it’s likely engineered by BALENCIAGA as the cutouts for the eyes are similar to the masks Ye dropped during the listening parties.
Now to the Marketing Genius part. The song is coming to the end and all of a sudden the YZY GAP logo pops up for the last couple seconds. At first you feel it’s kinda out of place for a song called HEAVEN and HELL , but you chalk it up to everyone wearing the hoodie in the video. Not too long after the video drops, YZYGAP goes live for a shock drop pre order of the Black and Blue hoodies. This is something that no one was expecting. Soon after the word got out, social media went crazy with the community trying to make sure everyone that missed out on the first round got a chance to cop this time.
What a perfect way to drop merchandise. We got a dope video to a dope song, and I’m sure there was more than a few people thinking during the video. I hate I missed out when the hoodies dropped. Then one shock drop later and you get your second chance. Stuff like this is why Ye is the marketing GOAT.
Let us know on our social medias what you thought of the video. Were you able to cop on the shock drop? Make sure to keep it locked here to be notified first every time we post about any upcoming Yeezy Launches and news, we post here before Instagram.
YZY GAP HOODIE SHOCK DROP
RELEASE: JANUARY 10th
COLORS: BLACK/ BLUE
RETAIL: ADULTS $80 KIDS $60
Images via Ye from his HEAVEN and HELL video
- Yeezy DST Bt Restocking in Rock and Salt ColorwaysThe highly sought-after YEEZY DST BT is making a triumphant return with a restock in the Rock and Salt colorways. Ye’s iconic Yeezy line has garnered immense popularity over the years, and the re-release of these two distinct color variations is bound to create a frenzy in the sneaker community. […]
- The Yeezy Foam Rnr Carbon Will Also Launch in 2023The world of sneaker enthusiasts is abuzz with excitement as YEEZY and adidas gears up to introduce deadstock back into the market. One of the mostly sought after models is the YEEZY Foam Rnr. While four colorways are set to launch in the coming weeks, there are more colorways that […]
- The Yzy 450 Slide Will Finally Release SoonThe Yeezy brand has been making waves in the fashion world for years now, and their latest release is no exception. The Yeezy 450 Slide in the Cream colorway is the latest addition to the Yeezy family, and it’s already causing quite a stir. The Yeezy 450 Slide features a […]
- Adidas Will Release Yeezy Sneakers Starting May 31stAdidas has officially announced that they will be restocking their highly coveted YEEZY sneakers this May. The news comes as a relief to fans who have been waiting for a chance to get their hands on more Yeezys. According to the press release, Adidas will be restocking several popular YEEZY […]
- Multiple New Yeezy Sample Models Hit eBayAs Yeezy fans are still left wondering if we will ever see more Yeezy sneakers hit retailers, with or without adidas. What makes it worse is seeing new models hit the internet as of late with no updates from Yeezy in site. As of now we are only able to […]
- New Yeezy Mx Slides SurfaceRecently produced Yeezy Mx Slides have hit the internet in sample colorways from 2021. The Slides go all the way back to 2018 during one of Ye’s late night Twitter leaks he first revealed to the world a line up of pastel 350s, 500s, a few 700s, and this new […]
- New Yeezy 500 Tactical Boot SurfacesThe first time we seen a version of this new boot was back in the Summer of 2020 when Ye joined Chicago Public Schools students protests. Over the years this boot has seemed like a myth with very few images of samples available. Now we finally get a look at […]
- ANOTHER YZY FOAM RNR COLORWAY SURFACESWe have a first look at another unreleased YZY FOAM RNR colorway, thanks to our friends at Request Boutique CLT. This new colorway is anticipated to to launch later this year as long as Ye and Adidas go through with releasing already produced stock drone before the split. Foam footwear […]
- Ye and Adidas Reach New Agreement For Remaining Yeezy StockIn October of 2022, Adidas shocked the world as they announced their split with Ye and his Yeezy brand, which ended up in a very public manner. In general, it is fairly clear why Adidas decided to discontinue working with Ye. To begin with, Kanye was the one who formally […]
- Ye Gets Married To Yeezy Designer Bianca CensoriKanye West recently wed Bianca Censori, a Yeezy employee, in a private Beverly Hills ceremony. According to reports, Ye and Censori exchanged wedding rings without submitting a marriage certificate to make their union legally binding. Censori, who appears to have worked as an architectural designer for the fashion brand for […]
- After Adidas’ Split With Ye, They Are Stuck With $530 Million In InventoryYe has managed to stay out of the headlines for the last couple of weeks, but he’s back again, well, sort of, as reports have shown after Adidas split with Ye, they have over half a billion in Yeezy products already produced without an actual path of moving it As […]
- As More Early “Yeezys” Surface on Social, Does Adidas Have What It Takes To Market Them As Their Own?One thing adidas is good at is shooting itself in the foot after relying so heavily on the Yeezy brand, which is the only product line that has been selling out to carry the brand along. It seems like they make the same bad decisions over and over. For example, […]
- A Detailed Look: Yeezy 350 V2 Space Ash Due In 2023Once slated for a January release, we have the best look yet at the Yeezy 350 V2 Space Ash. Coming in light grey, this tonal colorway is reminiscent of the 2020 Tail Light release. These feature the same style of upper seen on the Zyon 350 V2. The newer static […]
- Unreleased Yeezy 450 Slide SurfacesWell, there has been a considerable slowdown of early Yeezy pairs lately as the divorce of the two brands goes into its third month. As it’s genuinely unsure what’s next, SolesByZay has just blessed the feed with multiple 450 Slides in the Cream colorway. We leaked the first sample in […]
- New Yeezy 500 Colorway EmergesThis Yeezy 500, while being multi-colored, it is far from some of the louder colors like Sumac or Enflame. They are reconstructed with an upper composed of suede, premium leather, and mesh with nubuck accents. The tone is a light tan with a faded yellow tint on this colorway. The […]