2021 in a lot of ways was just as rough as 2020, especially for brands. Most had to stop production for a couple months due to the new surge of Covid. On top of that we still dealing with shipping issues all across the globe. With all that being said the Yeezy brand still managed to have likely it’s biggest year ever.
In a year with 80 total releases, (not counting Yeezy Day) it isn’t so easy to narrow it down to a top 10 favorite drops. As you have to take into account the look of the shoe first of all. Then you have functionality and my most important thing for me is comfort. With this year bringing us 7 new silhouettes plus the classics that we already loved. This will definitely not be an easy list to make. I’m sure you won’t agree with all of them but this is our top 10 Favorite Yeezy releases for 2021.
Starting the list off at #10 we have the YZY Knit Rnr BT in Sulfur. I’m not usually big on wearing boots but these are just on another level. While they are bulky and kinda awkward around the top. These just look so nice on foot with the correct jeans on. They are definitely not made for some skinny’s. Love em or hate em Ye isn’t scared to try something new. Always trying to push fashion forward even if there is a chance it could be met with mixed reviews.
Coming in at #9 we have the Ash Grey 500. Yes go ahead and say it, this is similar to other 500s. While you might be right, I really like this pair because it has a mixture grey and not just one tonal color, which makes these a little different from other 500s. Although I’d like to get a multicolored pair. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Enflame and don’t like High 500s as they just aren’t a good look for me.
At #8 we have the revamped 350 V2 in the CMPCT version. This sneaker while looks weird when not on foot, seems to take a lot of inspiration from a number of Yeezy models. This mash up has 3D knit almost identical to the Knit Bsktbl with a similar lacing system to the 450. The sole is exact same as all past 350s. With this newly updated upper along with the Boost sole that we have loved for years makes this one of the most comfortable Yeezys ever.
Dark Slate 450 is taking the #7 spot. Another model that was debuted this year but not in the OG colorway. Honestly I could put this or the Cloud White in this place, but chose the Slate since they don’t get dirty so easy. This is such an out there shoe that it just works somehow.
Next #6 brings us to the newest Performance basketball model for Yeezy. The YZY KNIT BSKTBL is totally different than what we usually see on the court. Sporting a 3D Knitted upper with padding inside to keep your foot locked in. The upper, extended sockliner, and Boost cushioning all work great together make them an extremely comfortable basketball sneaker. These also work great as a lifestyle sneaker too.
The Beluga Reflective comes in at #5, while I’ve kinda been off the 350 for a while now. Yeezy bringing back this colorway after 5 years it such an iconic sneaker they had to be on this list. Eventhough the reflective part of it don’t make the shoe at all. It was a good way to bring back a classic without “restocking” the original. While it was the biggest drop for Yeezy this year it still had no problem selling as the original Beluga was the one that got away for a lot of Yeezy fans.
At #4 on the list, we have the 700 Wash Orange. The 700 is one of my favorite models from Yeezy, with the Wave Runner as my favorite colorway this has to be on my list because it’s basically a dark Wave Runner with an orange sole. While I think they over did the orange sole this year this was a colorway that is was made for.
Coming in at #3 we have the Ochre Foam Rnnr. I chose this color just because this is the everyday Foam Rnnr. The Foam Rnnr colors this year have been very versitle. Whether you want a loud color or something low key. Yeezy made sure to give you options with this model. With so many to choose from this is at to top of my list. Plus it’s hard to beat the comfort of a Foam Rnnr.
At #2 we have the Cream 700 V2. I know not many people would have this at the top of their list, but this 700 V2 is perfect for about any occasion. With it’s cream and white make up you can wear with any fit in your closet, making them really versital. 700 V2 is one of my favorite models, so for me this had to be high on the list.
We have the PURE Slide coming in at number 1 for our favorite release for Yeezy in 2021. This has been restocked every couple months basically all year. People still go crazy for them every time. Well, that’s slides in general, but these seemed like the hottest colorway so far. With the most recent restock having newly designed materials with a more textured feel on top of the slide. I know what you’re thinking a slide at #1? I had to think what do I grab more than anything out of the collection? I don’t just mean to run to the store with, but I wear these almost daily and more than any other Yeezy from this year so I had to put it at number 1.
Now I’m sure not everyone will agree with my list but this is just my favorite releases of 2021. Let us know on Instagram what your list would consist of. Make sure to keep glued here to be first notified every time we post about upcoming Yeezy Launches and news, we will always post here first.
- The Yeezy Foam Rnr Carbon Will Also Launch in 2023The world of sneaker enthusiasts is abuzz with excitement as YEEZY and adidas gears up to introduce deadstock back into the market. One of the mostly sought after models is the YEEZY Foam Rnr. While four colorways are set to launch in the coming weeks, there are more colorways that have been produced that aren’t […]
- The Yzy 450 Slide Will Finally Release SoonThe Yeezy brand has been making waves in the fashion world for years now, and their latest release is no exception. The Yeezy 450 Slide in the Cream colorway is the latest addition to the Yeezy family, and it’s already causing quite a stir. The Yeezy 450 Slide features a sleek and minimalist design that […]
- Adidas Will Release Yeezy Sneakers Starting May 31stAdidas has officially announced that they will be restocking their highly coveted YEEZY sneakers this May. The news comes as a relief to fans who have been waiting for a chance to get their hands on more Yeezys. According to the press release, Adidas will be restocking several popular YEEZY styles, including the 350, 380, […]
- Multiple New Yeezy Sample Models Hit eBayAs Yeezy fans are still left wondering if we will ever see more Yeezy sneakers hit retailers, with or without adidas. What makes it worse is seeing new models hit the internet as of late with no updates from Yeezy in site. As of now we are only able to get our Yeezy fix with […]
- New Yeezy Mx Slides SurfaceRecently produced Yeezy Mx Slides have hit the internet in sample colorways from 2021. The Slides go all the way back to 2018 during one of Ye’s late night Twitter leaks he first revealed to the world a line up of pastel 350s, 500s, a few 700s, and this new 350 V2 with a see […]
- New Yeezy 500 Tactical Boot SurfacesThe first time we seen a version of this new boot was back in the Summer of 2020 when Ye joined Chicago Public Schools students protests. Over the years this boot has seemed like a myth with very few images of samples available. Now we finally get a look at a retail ready pair, but […]
- ANOTHER YZY FOAM RNR COLORWAY SURFACESWe have a first look at another unreleased YZY FOAM RNR colorway, thanks to our friends at Request Boutique CLT. This new colorway is anticipated to to launch later this year as long as Ye and Adidas go through with releasing already produced stock drone before the split. Foam footwear has dominated the sneaker industry […]
- Ye and Adidas Reach New Agreement For Remaining Yeezy StockIn October of 2022, Adidas shocked the world as they announced their split with Ye and his Yeezy brand, which ended up in a very public manner. In general, it is fairly clear why Adidas decided to discontinue working with Ye. To begin with, Kanye was the one who formally started the breakup. Then Ye […]
- Ye Gets Married To Yeezy Designer Bianca CensoriKanye West recently wed Bianca Censori, a Yeezy employee, in a private Beverly Hills ceremony. According to reports, Ye and Censori exchanged wedding rings without submitting a marriage certificate to make their union legally binding. Censori, who appears to have worked as an architectural designer for the fashion brand for a few years now, and […]
- After Adidas’ Split With Ye, They Are Stuck With $530 Million In InventoryYe has managed to stay out of the headlines for the last couple of weeks, but he’s back again, well, sort of, as reports have shown after Adidas split with Ye, they have over half a billion in Yeezy products already produced without an actual path of moving it As the Financial Times reported, some […]
- As More Early “Yeezys” Surface on Social, Does Adidas Have What It Takes To Market Them As Their Own?One thing adidas is good at is shooting itself in the foot after relying so heavily on the Yeezy brand, which is the only product line that has been selling out to carry the brand along. It seems like they make the same bad decisions over and over. For example, when the 4D technology was […]
- A Detailed Look: Yeezy 350 V2 Space Ash Due In 2023Once slated for a January release, we have the best look yet at the Yeezy 350 V2 Space Ash. Coming in light grey, this tonal colorway is reminiscent of the 2020 Tail Light release. These feature the same style of upper seen on the Zyon 350 V2. The newer static design weaved in the Primeknit […]
- More Unreleased Yeezys SurfaceWell, there has been a considerable slowdown of early Yeezy pairs lately as the divorce of the two brands goes into its third month. As it’s genuinely unsure what’s next, SolesByZay has just blessed the feed with multiple 450 Slides in the Cream colorway. We leaked the first sample in white way back in 2020; […]
- New 500 colorway emergesThis Yeezy 500, while being multi-colored, it is far from some of the louder colors like Sumac or Enflame. They are reconstructed with an upper composed of suede, premium leather, and mesh with nubuck accents. The tone is a light tan with a faded yellow tint on this colorway. The mesh underlays are also tan […]
- Adidas Staying True to Their Word, Will Drop Non-Yeezy Branded Colorways 2023As 2022 comes to a close, it looks like adidas is doubling down on releasing Yeezy’s without the Yeezy branding. Their first drop will be the 350 V2 Granite/ Core Black. Taking inspiration from the 2016 Yeezy 350 V2 era, his colorway features a grey upper with green hues throughout. The upper is composed of […]