Today Ye announced that he has appointmented Steven Smith as the head of Donda Industrial Design. The press release stated “Steven Smith with 37 years of experience in sporting goods, footwear, military electronics, and apparel design is appointed as HEAD OF DONDA INDUSTRIAL DESIGN”. Working with every major brand along the way, with those iconic designs still being used to this day. Smith has come to be known as the Godfather of Sneakers. In 2016 he joined YEEZY with one of his first projects being the YEEZY BOOST 700, a model that is a staple for the brand.
During his time as executive designer, Smith didn’t stop at the 700. As that model started the “Dad shoe trend,” he also helped create the YEEZY POWERPHASE, the YEEZY 500, YZY DST BT, 450 and FOAM RNR. With the latter starting another shift in sneakers moving towards more foam based footwear.
His new position looks like it won’t just be based solely on footwear. As part of the press release Ye’s creative company DONDA, Steven will be involved in furniture, vehicles, and more. It also features his sneaker portfolio not just from Yeezy, but from every major brand he has worked with. Most of them appear to be some of his early sketches. There is even a concept design for a ‘DONDA Foam vehicle’. Smith told complex “I’m honored to help create our shared vision of the future, Mr. West is the single most inspiring creative I have ever worked with.”
We may not know exactly what Ye and Steven Smith have in store for the future of DONDA, but with their track record together it’s definitely something to look forward to. See images below of Smith’s sneaker portfolio. Be sure to have notifications on for all our social medias so you know when we post about all upcoming YEEZY launches and news.
- YZY FOAM RNR MX CARBON FIRST LOOKStarting Yeezy Day off with a bang is the YZY Foam Rnr Mx Carbon. This model has seen more drops in 2022 than ever before since it’s first release a […]
- NEW UPDATES FOR YEEZY DAY AS MORE OFFICIAL IMAGES LOADWe are about a week from one of the biggest days of the year for any Yeezy enthusiast. As last week brought us the news of Ye’s Yeezy GAP collection […]
- ADIDAS INTRODUCES A MARINE-LIFE-INSPIRED MODEL COURTESY OF MR. BAILEYMany would say that thanks to Ye, the entire landscape of the footwear industry shifted in terms of collaborations, designs, and marketing. Since Nike was not able to offer the […]
- YEEZY LAUNCHES INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT WHILE YZY GAP ANNOUNCES TIMES SQUARE EXPERIENCEYEEZY has long been one of the most popular clothing brands since it’s inception. With that being said the brand itself has never had any actual social media presence, until […]
- WHERE TO BUY YEEZY SLIDES ONYX, BONE, & GLOW GREENThe slowest moving month by far in 2022 is finally about so see its only YEEZY release. As odd as it sounds with such a big day of restocks coming […]